|Sword of Destruction|
The Knight of Silence, the Dark Swordsman, and the Earth-Shaking Sword. These are the names that this legendary mercenary earned in the Kingdom. His greatsword can absorb any kind of power to bring about utter destruction.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skills
- 3 Transcendence Perks
- 4 Unique Weapon
- 5 1st Skill Unique Treasure
- 6 2nd Skill Unique Treasure
- 7 3rd Skill Unique Treasure
- 8 4th Skill Unique Treasure
- 9 Soul Weapon
- 10 Trivia/Lore
- 11 Gallery
Bernheim is a tanky magic dealer that grows stronger overtime with his stacks buffs and debuff.
Pros and Cons
+ Unique mechanical: Bernheim does not use mana + Enormous self buff (up to 100% ATK-DEF from his UW) + All of his skills are AoE, especially his S3 which has a great range + Anti-buff and dispell + Anti-heal & AMP M + High scaling
- Long skill animation due to low attack speed - UW & UT reliant - Long cooldown - No reliable CC
- Bernheim is first of all a PvP Hero but he's also good in PvE.
- Bernheim is really nice in wall teams, but he's also a good counter to them. With his S1 Light, he can use his first skill almost immediately.
- If you want to use him in PvE, he should be your main DPS since he needs a lot of investment before dealing great damage. He's also good against Xanadus and Shakmeh thanks to his anti-heal debuff and AoE skills.
- However, against single target content, Bernheim is less effective.
Circle of Futility
15 sec Cooldown
Attacks the target and nearby enemies within range, dealing
184,083 M.DMG and placing the Circle of Futility. Circle of Futility deals
326,720 M.DMG and prevents enemies from receiving positive effects over 4 sec. A 4-sec Cooldown will be applied at the beginning of the first battle.
22 sec Cooldown
Attacks enemies within frontal range of self, dealing
221,745 M.DMG and knocking them back. Then, increases own All DMG Reduction by 200 and DEF by 23,182 gaining immunity to CC for 15 sec. A 8-sec Cooldown will be applied at the beginning of the first battle.
22 sec Cooldown
381,590 M.DMG over 10 attacks to nearby enemies in a circular range around self. Then, attacks enemies in a wide surrounding area, dealing
334,822 M.DMG and stunning them for 5 sec. If the target is not a Hero, each attack will deal additional
37,381 M.DMG. A 10-sec Cooldown will be applied at the beginning of the first battle.
Bernheim cannot recover Mana, and all his Skills do not consume any Mana. Normal and Skill attacks inflict Breakdown to enemies for 10 sec, reducing their Heal Rate by 1%, and increasing own ATK and Heal Rate by 2,733 and 0.5% respectively. All effects stack up to 50 times.
Circle of Futility
[Light] Increases M.DMG the enemies take within [Circle of Futility] take by 25%.
[Dark] If [Circle of Futility] is cast while [Battle Initiation] is active, its duration will be increased by 4 sec.
[Light] Dispels all negative effects from self upon use.
[Dark] Increases Heal Rate by 30% for the duration of the effect.
[Light] Ignores the target's P.Block and M.Block.
[Dark] Additional DMG is against Non-Hero enemies now ignores DEF.
[Light] Breakdown stacks become irremovable.
[Dark] ATK and Heal Rate Boost become irremovable.
[Light] ATK, DEF, HP +15% / Crit Chance +100
[Dark] At the beginning of the first battle, reduces self's Cooldown of Skills by 5 sec. When this effect is activated during Guild War, the effect is doubled.
- Item introduction: The name of this demonic sword means 'the one who cannot be satiated' and 'the one with ceaseless craving.' It has the power to absorb all forms of energy, evil or holy, to use them as it's own. It has it's own will, and a character that is very temperamental, scatterbrained, and cruel. Even Queen Artemia does not know the exact reason why this demonic sword was sealed under the Central Church in Penteonia, but rumor says that Targarios was a Dark Lord in the distant past. Considering it's frivolous character, that might seem unlikely. However, there is no doubt that it has devastating powers.
1st Skill Unique Treasure
|[Circle of Futility] Reduces the hit targets' Mana by||100||and increases M.DMG they take by 25% for 5 sec.|
- Item Introduction: A standard issue sword of Penteonian Knights that Bernheim used before he fell for Targarios' trap. It is designed to draw out great power when imbued with the power of light. However, one day, Targarios noticed that Bernheim was trying to use other weapons instead of it. Targarios went mad and broke all the other weapons after absorbing all the powers, protections, and blessings they bore. Bernheim saw it, let out a big sigh, and threw broken metal pieces away, but he decided to carry this sword with him.
2nd Skill Unique Treasure
Medal of Light
|[Battle Initiation] Consumes||50%||of current HP upon use, but the effect will become irremovable.|
- Item Introduction: A metal of light bestowed upon him when he was conferred knighthood in Penteonia. Having the sun engraved on it, this gold medal assures the bearer that the light is always with him. Although Bernheim was deprived of his knighthood and was banished from the country, his loyalty always lies with the proud Penteonian Knights.
3rd Skill Unique Treasure
|[Destroyer] Increases DMG by||20%||and each hit has a 20% chance to stun the enemy for 0.5 sec.|
- Item introduction: A commemorative goblet only given to mighty and brave mercenaries in the Empire. The wolf, the symbol of Empire, is engraved on it. In recognition of the countless victories Bernheim earned for the Empire, the royal family gave him this exquisite goblet, one of only 5 in the world. Rumor has it that the goblet has a spell that makes any drink poured into it restore stamina.
4th Skill Unique Treasure
|[Breakdown] Normal and Skill attacks now inflict 2 stacks on the enemy and self. The max number of stacks increases by||20|
- Item Introduction: Letters that Bernheim wrote to his family after his banishment. He still has not decided whether or not to send them until now, after 7 years have passed from his banishment. The letters are mainly addressed to his brother and sister who were 5 and 10 years younger than him when he was banished.
- Soul Weapon Story: In the past, there was a dark lord who became consumed by endless voracity and thirst. He proceeded to become an embodiment of catastrophe who consumed everything in his path like a plague, and became known as the ‘Kiln of Futility’. To stop this voracious dark lord from ravaging the world, the young prince of Penteonia desperately challenged the dark lord, and defeated him. The dark lord was then sealed inside the sword named Targarios and was moved to the central church of Penteonia. Even in his sealed state, Targarios searched persistently for an innocent lamb who would free him from the seal. He continuously whispered his voice of temptation, and finally, his wish was fulfilled when Bernheim took Targarios into his hands. Though he had an atrocious past behind, the former dark lord became an entity with an extremely bizarre personality, and he managed to sense the darkness residing deep within Bernheim, who sort of gave him freedom. Targarios, upon examining Bernheim's inner shadow of consciousness which Bernheim himself is unaware of, decided that he will get along nicely with Bernheim, a rather poor human struggling to reach for the light, Even though his body is sealed inside a sword, Targarios will proudly show its power as the dark lord of futility, whenever Bernheim wishes for strength.
- He is 30 years old.
- He is 194 cm (about 6'3").
- His birthday is December 30th.
- His constellation is Hexipolia the Wanderer.
- He likes landscape back at home, leisurely reading, alone time, and Queen Artemia.
- He dislikes weaker self in the past; Targarios.
- His full name is Bernheim von Lachelima.
Story from Patch Notes:
There are many unique mercenaries that wander the Kingdom. Rogue soldiers, criminals, or aristocrats that have fallen in disgrace and run from their home and families. However, no matter how unique your background is or how acclaimed your strength is, the battlefield is an unforgivable lover. Most of the mercenaries work for clans and guilds in order to survive in this ruthless world … but there are exceptions. One of them, Bernheim, is among the best mercenaries in the Kingdom. He is known for his destructive power when jumping onto the battlefield and effortlessly destroying his surroundings. Rumors mention a man taciturn and solitary, but Bernheim doesn’t even bother to listen to the hearsay - only he knows the truth.
“…Why do I wield this sword? … It is better to remain ignorant of this. But I will tell you one thing. The strength of this sword is not a power you should aspire to have.”
Born in a noble family in Penteonia, Bernheim von Lachelima was gifted with outstanding martial skills. He had the strength of a giant and excellent judgment, so it was undeniable that he would make a great knight. However, he had a fatal flaw that kept him from being successful in Penteonia: He could not use the power of light at all. No matter how hard he tried how strong his faith and will were, the power of light did not answer to his calling. Although all he ever wanted was to serve his nation and the Queen, the fact that his incapability was keeping him from being more than a low-level knight frustrated him. Bernheim did not give up and trained hard to handle the power of light, bus his constant lack of progress slowly started to weaken his mind. One day, he visited the Central Church to study the power of light and it's mechanism. It was when he was quietly reading a book that he heard a sound. It was an angelic voice calling for him. The long-accumulated frustration of Bernheim led him to where the voice was coming from, a room sealed with multiple magic barriers in the basement of the church. As he moved closer to it, the barriers vanished as if they were never there. What he saw inside the room was a sword in the shape of an angel, exuding blind light.
"You are the chosen one" said the sword, drawing him near with holy light. Thinking that his relentless effort had finally paid off, he slowly grasped the sword. Then his mind was drawn to the deepest darkness. The darkness that captured him-it was the endless shadowy void of futility. A vessel that could never be filled; a whole other universe. In the vast darkness, Bernheim felt his mind deteriorating and his existence fading away. His mind and body was slowly being encroached by a dark, ominous power. However, Bernheim was also one of the Penteonian Knights, a Knight of Lightwho swore not to be defeated by darkness. He rose from the shrouding darkness, regaining consciousness with his indomitable spirit. When he came to his senses, lying on the floor, there was a giant black sword in his hand. The demonic sword with appearance of a demon was laughing and mocking the knight who broke away from the path of light. Eventually, Bernheim was banished from Penteonia, and he started to live a new life as a mercenary in Vespia Empire with that malicious, foul-mouthed demonic sword in his hand...
|Knights||Aselica, Clause, Demia, Dosarta, Glenwys, Jane, Loman, Morrah, Neraxis, Phillop, Ricardo, Shakmeh, Sonia, Taily|
|Warriors||Bernheim, Chase, Dark Lord Kasel, Gau, Hilda, Kasel, Kirze, Naila, Nicky, Priscilla, Rebel Clause, Riheet,Scarlet, Seria, Theo, Viska|
|Assassins||Epis, Erze, Ezekiel, Fluss, Gladi, Gremory, Kibera, Laudia, Mirianne, Nia, Reina, Ripine, Roi, Tanya|
|Archers||Arch, Dimael, Estelle, Luna, Requina, Selene, Shamilla, Talisha, Yanne, Yuria, Zafir|
|Mechanics||Annette, Cecilia, Chrisha, Crow, Hanus, Kara, Lakrak, Miruru, Mitra, Oddy, Pansirone, Rodina|
|Wizards||Aisha, Artemia, Cain, Cleo, Dakaris, Esker, Isolet, Lewisia, Lilia, Lorraine, Lucikiel, Maria, Nyx, Ophelia, Pavel, Veronica, Xerah|
|Priests||Baudouin, Cassandra, Evan, Fallen Frey, Frey, Juno, Kaulah, Laias, Lavril, Leo, Lucias, May, Mediana, Rephy, Rehartna, Shea|