|Knight of Iron Defense|
Kasel's 'older brother'. A true knight, he is a man of steel who protects allies at the front of the battlefield. He blocks the attacks of the enemies while taking them down, earning him the reputation akin to a castle wall.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skills
- 3 Transcendence Perks
- 4 Unique Weapon
- 5 Unique Treasure
- 6 2nd Skill Unique Treasure
- 7 Links
- 8 Trivia/Lore
- 9 Gallery
Why Clause? Clause is a well-rounded tank that can be obtained for free by clearing all Chapter 1 Stages on easy. He has low cost skills with low cooldowns that provide a short range AoE stun, a knockback, and a Physical Defense party buff.
Pros and Cons
+ Low Cost Skills + Short Casting Times + Reliable CC + Powerful Speed Debuff + Physical Amp + Party P.Def Buff
- CC has Limited Range - No Self-Healing (Like Jane/Phillop S3)
- If you take Cut Ground [Light] for his T4 perk, Clause can practically stun-lock the enemy by himself. At max skill book enhancement, it keeps the enemy stunned for 5 secs, and the [Light] perk reduces the cooldown to 7 secs.
- Although Shield Strike has a slight knock-back, it cannot interrupt skills.
|Cut Ground Animation|
|Shield Strike Animation|
|Guardian Shield Animation|
Vow of Knights
1 sec Cooldown
Upon blocking, deals
16,582 P.DMG to frontal enemies. Hit enemies' ATK is reduced by 20% for 8 sec. Recovers 300 mana after hitting the target.
[Light] Cooldown is reduced by 2 sec.
[Dark] In exchange for 1 additional Mana Cost, the skill has a 100% chance to draw the target in.
[Light] Target takes 25% increased P.DMG for 10 sec.
[Dark] Stuns the enemy for 1 sec.
[Light] DEF boost is increased by 40%.
[Dark] Receives 25% reduced P.DMG for the duration.
Vow of Knights
[Light] Casting time is greatly boosted.
[Dark] Reduce an additional 10% of ATK.
[Light] ATK, DEF, HP +15% / P.Block +200
[Dark] When an ally other than this hero is hit by an attack, increase all allies P.DEF by 20% and P.Crit Resist by 20%. (10 sec cooldown).
The Guardian, Exian
|When HP falls below 35%, all allies' P.DMG Reduction is increased by||200||and ATK is increased by||100%||of P.DEF. Gains CC immunity.|
- Item introduction: A sword and shield set engraved with various Runes and infused with ancient magic. These legendary items are said to have been created eons ago by an ancient dragon named Exian, using its own scales. As one of the royal treasures of Orvel, the sword is bestowed only to the knight of the most honorable principles. Its wielder shall serve as the defender of the kingdom and its people, and the protector of life.
Guardian Knight Insignia
|[Guardian Shield] Upon activation, removes negative effects on self, and DEF boost is increased by||20%||.|
- Item introduction: Rune of the Orvel Guardian Knights. A Gold lion Rune that is given to knights when they first join the Guardian knights, along with the vow that they will give their lives to protect the kingdom. The rune from the Guardian Knights bolsters a knight's iron will and loyalty, increasing the effectiveness of the Guardian Shield.
2nd Skill Unique Treasure
|[Shield Strike] Reduces P.Crit Resistance of the affected enemy by 500 and Crit Chance by||100||for 10 sec.|
- Item Introduction: Old wooden shield of the knight of the Iron Wall. It's a precious shield that Clause used when he first started training. He has since engraved the names of his deceased comrades in order to remember his determination as a guardian knight. Each time he pushes away enemies with the shield, the knight's firm determination helps him tap into power beyond his limits.
- Clause is 20 years old.
- Clause is 195cm (around 6'4' feet)
- His birthday is October 22nd.
- His constellation is Asipha the Empress.
- He likes his new family (friends from the orphanage).
- He dislikes causing harm to friends.
- Clause is very much like a brother to Kasel, although they're not related by blood. They grew up in the same orphanage alongside Frey and the principal of the orphanage, Ricardo. Clause is very protective of Kasel and is consistently encouraging and cheering him on. Clause becomes a loyal knight of the kingdom of Orvelia, serving king Veroglance II and his daughter, Scarlet.
- Reddit user Nightshade_49 shared more info on Clause: Clause joins Kasel temporarily before departing again. He admits to resenting goddess Lua for giving such a tough duty to Kasel.
Story from the game: This upright and righteous man protects Orvel as one of its knights. Many people consider him a dependable defender of Orvel, but due to his lack of interest in wealth and success, his actual rank within the order has never been very high. He grew up together with Kasel and Frey in the same orphanage, and he loves his land as the home of those precious to him. H recently volunteered to join the expedition to investigate the King's plains.
Story Scenario when Scarlet was released:
“It’s Clause, your highness”
“You may come in”
Clause stepped into the chamber cautiously and kneeled before the princess.
“I came here right away, as you’ve called to me, your highness.”
‘Yes… I am the princess who must look after my people, and protect the nation’
“Clause, I know you just came back from the expedition and I am sorry to summon you without any notice."
I had no choice since there are too many ears around.”
“My pleasure, your highness”
“So, tell me. The truth what you saw..”
After a period of time, they did not say anything for a while. And it was Scarlet who broke the ice first.
“It is different from what I heard.. So different indeed..”
“I am telling the truth, based on what I’ve experienced. Your Highness”
Clause was looking at Scarlet with his innocent and clear eyes. She couldn’t find anything but honesty in his eyes.
When she sees his innocence eyes, her weak mind becomes stronger. “You are the one of the people who I can trust in this castle. I do believe in you.” Said with a bitter smile.
“Haha.. How ironic… Terrible things were happening out there, but I am surrounded by a bunch of people those who only care about themselves covered with lies.. I can’t say anything even if my people resent me.”
Clause shook his head without hesitating.
“That’s not true, your highness. People are looking up to you, and they trust you. No one blames you about this, your highness.”
“… So, you mean they are blaming my father, the King Veroglans II?”
“Forgive me, your highness… I didn’t mean to..”
Clause bowed his head when she asked the question.
It seemed Scarlet was hesitating to say something, but she swallowed it. ‘Orvelia… And Father… How did this happen…’ She closed her eyes… And only sound she could hear was wind blowing over her.
I’ve been taught like that since I was a little girl. True knights never ignore injustice, and never kneel before unfairness. I must be honest to myself first so that I can bear pride as a true knight.
When she opened her eyes, there was no hesitation anymore.
“Demia. Are you out there?”
And a woman answered back with a low tone from outside of the chamber.
“Yes, your highness. I Demia, Orvelia Knight is waiting for your orders.”
“Clause, Demia, as soon as I step out from this chamber, gear up for the journey.”
Clause answered with a shivering voice.
“…Your Highness, allow me to say.. Going out by yourself..?”
Scarlet answered back without hesitation.
“Yes, I will meet them in person.”
|Knights||Aselica, Clause, Demia, Jane, Loman, Morrah, Neraxis, Phillop, Ricardo, Sonia|
|Warriors||Chase, Gau, Kasel, Naila, Priscilla, Scarlet, Theo, Viska|
|Assassins||Epis, Erze, Ezekiel, Fluss, Gladi, Laudia, Mirianne, Reina, Roi, Tanya|
|Archers||Arch, Dimael, Luna, Maya, Requina, Selene, Shamilla, Yanne, Zafir|
|Mechanics||Annette, Crow, Kara, Lakrak, Miruru, Mitra, Oddy, Rodina|
|Wizards||Aisha, Artemia, Cleo, Lewisia, Lilia, Lorraine, Maria, Nyx, Ophelia, Pavel, Veronica|
|Priests||Baudouin, Cassandra, Frey, Juno, Kaulah, Laias, Leo, May, Mediana, Rephy, Shea|