|Barbarian of Frozen Lands|
A barbarian that rules the snowy plains of the frozen land, he undermines the morale of enemies with ear-deafening shout and charges into them like a storm.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Builds
- 3 Skills
- 4 Transcendence Perks
- 5 Unique Weapon
- 6 1st Skill Unique Treasure
- 7 2nd Skill Unique Treasure
- 8 3rd Skill Unique Treasure
- 9 4th Skill Unique Treasure
- 10 Soul Weapon
- 11 Links
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Gallery
Gau is an indispensable hero for Dragon Raids. Very few heroes can match his CC, And he is very versatile due to his flexible synergy. In addition to being S-ranked in Raids, Fortress WB, & Regular WB he also is A-ranked in PvP which makes him one of the top warriors. Gau also has a very low need for his UW so he is easier and cheaper to build.
Pros and Cons
+ CC + Party Cleanse with ATK Buff + Self immunity + Can gather enemies together + Excels in Dragon Raids
- Not very Tanky - Low Damage
- Crit DMG
- (optional substats are: ATK Spd - P.DEF - M.DEF and CC Resist)
For a DPS/Sub DPSing Gau you will want to use all 4 Pieces of Fire Dragon Gear to maximize his Crit output, BUT if you are utilizing him as a Tank you will want to use full Ice Dragon gear to increase his beefiness. If your Gau is having issues in full Fire set you can do 2 ice/2 fire to help keep him up longer.
- Pocket Watch of Ancient Civilization - Every 10 sec. reduce all Cooldowns by 1 sec and increase ATK Spd by 80 for every 5 sec.
Note: this is very useful because it allows Gau to spam his S3 more frequently.
- Golden Apple of a Goddess - When the hero's health falls bellow 25% he recovers 30% of Max HP and dispels all debuffs (activation is limited to 1 time per battle and is only used if Gau is your tank).
- Primer for the Heroes - When HP falls below 20%, ATK rises by 30% while Speed and all DMG Reduction is increased by 300.
- UW - you will want 2 ATK runes and 1 Lifesteal rune - Non UW Lifesteal only.
- Main Armor - Crit DMG for DPSing - Hp for Tanking.
- Secondary Armor - Crit for DPS - Mana Recovery/DMG for Tank.
- His S3 is capable of bringing down the high level and hard mode dragon by itself.
Recommended Transcendence Perks
- T1 ATK Up
- T2 Opportune Strike for DPSing or Tactical Foresight for any stage or raid that needs more magical defenses.
- T3 Battle Roar Light (Hands Down!).
- T4 Vortex Light is highly recommended BUT Vortex Dark is good for manual users that may use that skill for large incoming DMG.
- T5 Gau Dark (especially if you are using his UW and certain UTs were he looses some HP), You will also want to get his T5 Light, to add overall increased performance even at the cost of losing his T2 skill temporarily until you can use 3 plus 5 Transcendence points to relearn his T2 perk.
- Gau is probably THE MOST versatile warrior in King's Raid therefore he can be used in any team makeup you might throw him into BUT if you want a little extra out of him, try for a team that provides him extra synergy. So, after all the researching I have done, the team I have found that provides him the best synergy is: Phillop (tank), Gau (sub dps and cc), Maria (Main Dps and CC), and Kaulah (heals), UNLESS you have May (upgraded version) then use May.
- If Gau is your tank then your synergy team would be: Arch (Archer Dps), Aisha (Mage Dps), Laias (heals).
|Battle Roar Animation|
20 sec Cooldown
636,792 P.DMG to nearby enemies. If the target is not a Hero, deals
880,332 P.DMG. The last attack freezes nearby enemies for 4 sec. Gains immunity to CC for the duration of Skill.
Upon attacking, ATK is increased by
901 for 5 sec. Can be stacked up to 10 times max.
[Light] Mana cost is reduced by 1.
[Dark] Each use increases DMG by 15%. Stacks up to 10 times max.
[Light] ATK boost is increased by 40%.
[Dark] ATK Spd boost of 200 is added to the effect.
[Light] Cooldown reduced by 3 sec.
[Dark] Immune to all types of DMG while in use.
[Light] ATK boost is increased by 40%.
[Dark] Takes 5% more damage per each stack, but gains a boost of 50 Crit Chance and Lifesteal per each stack as well.
[Light] ATK, DEF, HP +15% / P. Block +200.
[Dark] Heals HP worth 10% of ATK every sec, and every 1% of HP lost reduces damage received by 0.6%.
Holy Bird, Numinu
|Increases own Max HP by||12%||Per every 1% of HP missing, ATK is increased by||0.8%||and ATK Spd is increased by||8|
- Item introduction: It i said that there lies a sacred beast protecting the barbarians in the Windland Snow Mountain. This beast, capable of dispelling the power of darkness, is supposed to be a blue phoenix composed of ice. Created in the shape of this beast is Numinu, its name means 'holy'. It has been crafted from enchanted ice that never melts. Considered a holy relic among Barbarians, this weapon is bestowed to their mightiest warrior. The wielder of this weapon is the most powerful warrior among Barbarians, and may be considered their king.
1st Skill Unique Treasure
King of Frost Helmet
|[Smash] Reduces the target's ATK by 20% and increases P.DMG target receives by||10%||for 10 sec.|
- Item Introduction: A worn-out helmet of Frost Giant King. It was last used by the darkness-ridden Frost Giant King. Gau, hoping that the tragedy of Windland Snow Mountain won't repeat itself, keeps this broken helmet to mourn the fallen hero.
2nd Skill Unique Treasure
|[Battle Roar] Reduces Mana Cost by 1 and increases ATK Boost by||20%||.|
- Item Introduction: Trumpet made with the horn of the guardian beast of Windland Snow Mountain, Orox. Orox of the Snowy Mountain grants noble warriors great power and the ability to see the truth. When a warrior who has received the blessing of Orox blows this horn, it will boost the morale of comrades and bring clarity to their minds.
3rd Skill Unique Treasure
|[Vortex] DMG is increased by 50%, and enemies hit by the last attack takes||5%||more DMG for 10 sec.|
- Item introduction: Mug of the Barbarian King who first settled down in the snowy mountains. When the first Barbarian King settled down in Windland, he swore to become the guardian of the snowy mountains and shared this mug with the holy beings of the mountains. To protect magic of the frost wolf imbued in the Barbarian mug increases the ATK of Vortex and the effect of freeze.
4th Skill Unique Treasure
|[Enrage] Increases the max number of stacks by||1||Each stack increases DEF Penetration by 10.|
- Item Introduction: A bracelet made with a Snowdrop Flower. Although it was made with clumsy hands, the children at the orphanage made this bracelet as a birthday gift for Gau after seeing him grieve for his fallen Barbarian tribes. A Snowdrop means hope and comfort in the language of flowers.
- Soul Weapon Story: Numinu is the weapon that only the strongest Barbarian warrior may carry. However, its current master, Gau, did not dare to use the weapon. For he knew that Numinu was the sacred relic of the Barbarian Tribe to slay darkness, and as someone who had abandoned his kingdom and his people, he believed that he was not worthy of holding it. All he could do was to repent for his past sins silently by help rebuilding the kingdom. But it did not take long until his endless devotion toward his people saw the light. The Barbarians started praising Gau's display of diligence and truthfulness, and one by one, the Barbarians recognized him as their leader Numinu, who was watching over Gau ever since the beginning, launched itself far upwards the sky and incarnated before Gau. It was the day Gau became the true king of the Barbarians.
- Gau is a 33 year old barbarian.
- Gau is 231cm (about 7'6'feet)
- His birthday is September 23rd.
- His constellation is Judgment Layan.
- He likes children and animals.
- He dislikes destructive and violent people.
- Gau likes Lewisia, you can find out more in hero's Inn affinity
Gau is a powerful warrior from the Barbarian kingdom. Whenever he swung his twin axes, a bloodbath would follow. As a warrior, he was feared for his peerless ferocity. However, he suddenly disappeared for 10 years. When he returned, he was a completely changed man. His violent barbarian tendencies were all gone, even when others criticized him. Instead, he now faces them with smiles and jolly laughter. The kind, warm gaze he now shows to children and animals is especially surprising.
|Knights||Aselica, Clause, Demia, Dosarta, Glenwys, Jane, Loman, Morrah, Neraxis, Phillop, Ricardo, Sonia, Taily|
|Warriors||Bernheim, Chase, Gau, Kasel, Kirze, Naila, Nicky, Priscilla, Scarlet, Seria, Theo, Viska|
|Assassins||Epis, Erze, Ezekiel, Fluss, Gladi, Kibera, Laudia, Mirianne, Nia, Reina, Roi, Tanya|
|Archers||Arch, Dimael, Luna, Requina, Selene, Shamilla, Yanne, Yuria, Zafir|
|Mechanics||Annette, Cecilia, Chrisha, Crow, Hanus, Kara, Lakrak, Miruru, Mitra, Oddy, Pansirone, Rodina|
|Wizards||Aisha, Artemia, Cain, Cleo, Dakaris, Esker, Lewisia, Lilia, Lorraine, Maria, Nyx, Ophelia, Pavel, Veronica, Xerah|
|Priests||Baudouin, Cassandra, Frey, Juno, Kaulah, Laias, Lavril, Leo, Lucias, May, Mediana, Rephy, Rehartna, Shea|