|Role||Sub DPS/CC/Magic Amp|
The saint who blessed the hero that saved the world long ago. The cursed, outraged Crow shoots sharp feathers at enemies and completely breaks the enemy's formation.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Builds
- 3 Skills
- 4 Transcendence Perks
- 5 Unique Weapon
- 6 1st Skill Unique Treasure
- 7 2nd Skill Unique Treasure
- 8 3rd Skill Unique Treasure
- 9 4th Skill Unique Treasure
- 10 Soul Weapon
- 11 Links
- 12 Trivia/lore
- 13 Gallery
Maria is the queen of CC since she literally has THE MOST cc and de-buffing skills in the game. She is S-ranked for PvPing and has an A-ranking for Raids/Fortress WB/ and regular WB's making her a pretty solid hero and slightly OP if she is acquired as a new player/early game, ESPECIALLY if you can build her completely (with her UW and UT's) and max out her abilities quickly. Speaking of her Unique weapon she technically only has a medium need for it, so need to stress over obtaining hers BUT if you have it or get her UW definitely use it.
Pros and Cons
+ Every skill is a CC + Can gather enemies together for AOE DPS + Has magic amp on every skill (with S3 Dark) + Excellent debuff passive that has 100% uptime
- Lacks High damage output (but may be compensated with a fire dragon set & proper runes) - Slow attack speed (but might be able to counter it with enough Atk Spd via runes, gear stats, etc) - Spotty Amp uptime, relatively short duration amps + long skill CDs - Long skill CDs, often has all 3 skills on CD and full mana (Somewhat alleviated by T5 Dark)
- Crit DMG
- Lifesteal (at least 1 line on a piece of gear)
- ATK Spd
- Ideally you want to Maria in Black Dragon Gear (all 4 pieces), BUT if you are using Rephy OR Laias as your healer for Maria then you can use Red Dragon gear to get more Crit gains which will amp up your crit dmg output.
Recommended Transcendence Perks
- T1 Atk Up (after you acquire your T5 also select Hp Up on the T1 tier)
- T2 Blessing of Mana
- T3 Claw of Restriction LIGHT
- T4 Raven Storm LIGHT
- T5 Both LIGHT & DARK
- T1 Hp Up & Crit Resist Up in the Tier 1 slot
- T2 Blessing of Mana
- T3 Area of Darkness DARK
- T4 Black Wind DARK
- T5 Both LIGHT & DARK
|Raven Storm Animation|
Claw of Restriction
|Claw of Restriction Animation|
Area of Darkness
|Area of Darkness Animation|
Enemies damaged by Maria have their ATK reduced by
4,443 for 10 sec.
|Black Wind Animation|
[Light] DMG is increased by 40%.
[Dark] Has a 20% chance of inflicting a 3 sec shackle.
Claw of Restriction
[Light] Mana cost is increased by 1 and the skill targets 3 enemies.
[Dark] Shackle duration is increased by 1.5 sec.
Area of Darkness
[Light] Target takes 25% increased M.DMG for 10 sec.
[Dark] Mana cost is reduced by 1.
[Light] ATK reduction is increased by 40%.
[Dark] Reduces enemy M.Crit Resistance by 25% for 10 sec.
[Light] ATK, DEF, HP +15% / Crit Chance +100.
[Dark] Upon a Crit Hit, targets CC resist is reduced by 250 for 10 sec, and all Skill Cooldown, excluding the skill in use, by 2% each.
Lea's Messenger, Cocytus
|Upon a Crit Hit, reduces Heal Rate of the target by 50% and increases own Crit DMG by||2%||for 10 sec. Crit DMG increase effect can be stacked up to max 200 times.|
- Item introduction: A mysterious raven that can travel across dimensions. Its intelligence and shrewdness are certainly not those of a mere bird. In truth, it is a monster filled with dark energy, much like Demons. Indeed, it is said that this beast is as powerful as a high-ranking demon. Some claim that it occasionally flies over fields of battle, speaking in human languages. Much of this creature's identity is till shrouded in mystery.
1st Skill Unique Treasure
|[Raven Storm] Gains immunity to CC for the skill's duration, and reduces the target's Mana by||100|
- Item Introduction: A magic mirror that summons Tempest Elemental Aerial. This magical mirror is made with an obsidian stone from Pandemonium, and Tempest Elemental Aerial sleeps inside it. Whenever Raven storm is used, Aerial awakens amplifies its effect with its violent dance.
2nd Skill Unique Treasure
|[Claw of Restrictions] Increases DMG by 50% and increases M.Weakness of the affected enemy by||10%||for 10 sec.|
- Item Introduction: A claw armor that Maria gifted to Lea's messenger. The claw armor that is made with fancy gold contains a binding curse that never lets go of any enemy that it grabs. Enemies bound by the messenger's Sabaton will become defenseless against magic attacks and will receive great damage.
3rd Skill Unique Treasure
Pendant of Darkness
|[Area of Darkness] DMG is increased by||20%||and the last attack reduces the target's P.DEF and M.DEF by 30% for 7 sec.|
- Item introduction: Ashes of a grey messenger that announces the end. These are the ashes of a raven that flew into the Church of Lua right before the Republic of Grey collapsed a hundred years ago. Everyone ignored the ominous messenger, and only Priestess Maria cared for it until its last day. Even after its death, it has helped Maria expand her area of darkness by pouring its dark energy on her.
4th Skill Unique Treasure
- Item Introduction: A letter of notice issued from lea's Messenger. This letter created by the essence of darkness contains a warning and the terms of contract that Maria made with the darkness.
- Soul Weapon Story: Over a long time, the crow stayed with Maria and watched over her. It knew what it had to do. At the same time, the crow also knew that the allotted time to complete all the tasks was not nearly enough. After embracing the deep darkness, the crow once again gazed at Maria. As it was looking at her, it reminded itself of what it had to do. The crow opened its black, large, grim wings and flew up towards the sky.
- Maria is 125, physically always 25
- Maria is 168cm tall (about 5'6' feet)
- Her birthday falls July 19th.
- Her constellation is Notmun the Turner.
- She likes corrupting those who believe in Lua.
- She dislikes Lua and her church.
- In an earlier version of the game's prologue, Maria is shown to have had Frey's skills and similar costume to Frey when she was fighting alongside King Kyle. (source)
- Maria was the saint who fought alongside Kyle 100 years ago, however she later became a sadistic witch. She seems to have been in love with Kyle but he loved Arlette.
- Maria killed Dain, Kaulah's apprentice.
- Maria knows the secrets to Cleo's mother.
- She is introduced in chapter 2 alongside her ally, Morrah.
- Maria mentions she hates Malduk.
- Due to being a former saint (later witch) she doesn't seem to physically age.
- Maria states that the Orvelian royalty only want to protect themselves and don't care about the rest of the world. This is likely why Scarlet mentions how the civilians are angry at her father, the king.
Although she was a Holy Maiden of Lua in the past, she eventually fell into corruption. Now, this cynical, crow-commanding witch curses her former goddess from the darkness. There was a time when she was a friend of Kyle and a heroine of the people. However, when Kyle disappeared, she hid herself from the world as well. She eventually came back as a fallen witch, threatening mankind as the spearhead of the demon army. These days, she appears to be plotting some scheme, not as a demon commander, but completely on her own.
|Knights||Aselica, Clause, Demia, Dosarta, Glenwys, Jane, Loman, Morrah, Neraxis, Phillop, Ricardo, Sonia, Taily|
|Warriors||Bernheim, Chase, Dark Lord Kasel, Gau, Hilda, Kasel, Kirze, Naila, Nicky, Priscilla, Scarlet, Seria, Theo, Viska|
|Assassins||Epis, Erze, Ezekiel, Fluss, Gladi, Kibera, Laudia, Mirianne, Nia, Reina, Roi, Tanya|
|Archers||Arch, Dimael, Luna, Requina, Selene, Shamilla, Talisha, Yanne, Yuria, Zafir|
|Mechanics||Annette, Cecilia, Chrisha, Crow, Hanus, Kara, Lakrak, Miruru, Mitra, Oddy, Pansirone, Rodina|
|Wizards||Aisha, Artemia, Cain, Cleo, Dakaris, Esker, Isolet, Lewisia, Lilia, Lorraine, Maria, Nyx, Ophelia, Pavel, Veronica, Xerah|
|Priests||Baudouin, Cassandra, Evan, Fallen Frey, Frey, Juno, Kaulah, Laias, Lavril, Leo, Lucias, May, Mediana, Rephy, Rehartna, Shea|